Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hi to everyone after a looooong time:-)
Thanks to all of you, Jim, RK, Vijay, Gangadhar, Ajeya,for inquiring about where I'd dissappeared:)It feels good to be cared about. Its been crazy at our house with the new school schedules, my new part-time job and the many activities that our lives revolve around. This weekend is going to be kickback time. We’ve decided to go into lockdown mode and stay indoors at least Friday night and Saturday. Let’s see if that actually happens:) We are people people, all of us, and despite all our attempts to stay in and rest on the weekends, we find ourselves going out and having fun! And then we’re tired the rest of the week:( I’m probably not making a lot of sense right now. My thoughts are all jumbled up just like our schedules. We’re planning on renting a couple of movies and just chilling:) Sounds good just thinking about it.
Talking about movies, last Sunday we went and saw Lage Raho Munna Bhai. I really liked the movie. It is such a simple story but so touching. Just an old-fashioned feel good movie. I’d recommend it to anyone. The kids loved it too. I’m not going to review it here though.
Actually this post is just a comeback hi to all of you. Also I wanted to say a couple of things about two other posts that I enjoyed reading.
First, I’d like to refer to Couch Potato's latest post about September 11. It’s a touching tribute to all those lives lost and people maimed, physically and psychologically, five years ago. His words brought tears to my eyes. How easily we forget and move on…Just like the Mumbai train blasts. We were all horrified by what happened. But we forgot and moved on with our lives. Many of us will say, “What more can we do”? We can think about how precious life is and how much we take for granted.
Another post I really liked, on a lighter note, was Shruthi's post on chivalry and most importantly courtesy. I always enjoy Shruthi’s posts and this one was no exception.
I’m not going to give away all about Couch potato’s and Shruthi’s blogs. I enjoy reading them and so thought I’d share with all of you out there. I will leave you to get to these two great blogs and read the post s for yourself.
I promise to be back with a post about our trip to Door County, Wisconsin, really soon..

23 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Mridula said...

Ask me about being busy these days! We seem to be in the same boat. But good to see a post by you.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Couch Potato said...

Busy-ness is in the bind... er... I mean mind. As a couch potato, my prime business is to be as lazy as possible. But, allow me to thank you TP for mentioning my blog.
I've got to get down to writing something soon or my fingers will atrophy.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey TP !! Welcome back.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger travel plaza said...

Mridula,
Thanks. Aren't these schedules crazy? I even have to make time to be bored now:( Yeh kya haal banaa rakkha hai hamne...

CP, You're welcome. I was really moved by what you wrote. Waiting for more great stuff on your blog:)

Vijay,
Thanks so much. It feels good to be back:))

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Shruthi said...

Whoa! That was quite a mouthful of compliments! Thanks a ton :)

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TP, i dint think you're disappeared! we're seeing u on our blogs so often..I'm glad for that..We just needed your posts..that's it..
And dis one's a nice post..
I've seen Lage raho munnabhai..it's an awesome movie...it was really heart warming to see all the people leave the theatre with a genuine smile...!everything about the movie was just perfect.....!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Jim said...

It is nice to hear from you again. I'm retired and blogging takes too much of my time, with a busy schedule like yours and other mom's I might be inclined to just write a little and not read much. That's ok with me, but I do watch.
Thanks for the nice mention, there have been blogging friends who just drop off the blogsphere never to be heard from again.

A nice weekend at home sounds nice with a movie maybe. We stay home a lot.
..
There are Corkill family people in Wisconsin but I don't know any of them. Our anscestors all came from The Isle of Mann (of Manx Cat and Bob Dylan concert fame).

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Ravenbajan said...

Welcome back!
What on earth is 'Door Country'? Did I read that right? You have my curiousity... I shall return!!!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger travel plaza said...

Shruthi,
You're most welcome. Your blog merits all the compliments.

Gangadhar,
Isn't it just a great movie. I loved it from beginning to end.

Jim,
Thanks so much. We try to stay in on the weekends sometimes, but more often than not end up going out....

Ravenbajan,
Thanks. It feels good to be back. I've missed blogging and all my blogging buddies. Its "Door County" and is the Norhtern tip of Wisconsin. Its a beautiful place. Okay, I won't give it all away..you just have to wait for my post...

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TP:.. I have blogrolled you...

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger travel plaza said...

Thanks Vijay:))Have blogrolled you too...

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger PinkCat said...

Glad your back. Miss you.

Take care xx

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger travel plaza said...

Thanks Britmum:))It feels great to be back.

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger AJEYA RAO said...

Lage Raho Munnabhai is an awesome movie. What a nice way to use humor to convey such nice message without hurting many feelings

 
At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi tp,
nice post.

btw,
thanks for enquiring about my well being. am back intact after a adventurous holiday. for more, please read my latest post.
:)

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger travel plaza said...

Ajeya,
Yeah, it is such a good movie. Ifelt that after a long time, I watched a very meaningful movie with so much humor.

RK,
Thanks. Glad you are all safe after your "adventure"

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Maverick said...

hhhhhmmmmm glad to c u back. it was the same thing with me. my school started and kept me rolling. i liked lage raho too, so simple yet so thoughtful.btw read shruthi's post before....... reading CP's, thx.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Lubna said...

Hi. Must admit I have been away from blog surfing for quite some time. Tax season is one and work is very hectic. Thought I would pop in today and have a look. Glad you are back. All the best with the new job. Hope you had a restful weekend, with heaps of popcorn and nice movies.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi tp,
i know you are terribly busy. still i have tagged you. take your own time, no hurry. for details, visit this link in my blog:

http://bellurramki18.wordpress.com/2006/10/05/tagged-again/

good luck and cheers
bellur

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi tp,
i know you are terribly busy. still i have tagged you. take your own time, no hurry. for details, visit this link in my blog:

http://bellurramki18.wordpress.com/2006/10/05/tagged-again/

good luck and cheers
bellur

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger AJEYA RAO said...

WHERE ARE U?

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger travel plaza said...

Maverick,
I know I'm responding to your comment really late. Its been crazy in our circus. I'm just getting back to blogging. Thanks for visiting and do keep coming. I promise I'll have something up really soon.

Dusty,
Thanks so much. We did finally have our nice weekend at home. But after we have had so many busy weekends that the pleasure was short-lived.*sigh*

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger travel plaza said...

RK,
Thanks for tagging me. I promise I will get to it really soon. I'm just catching up on my blogging.

Ajeya,
Thanks for checking on me. It feels good. I am here, but just running around in circles trying to get all my stuff done. I'm just trying to catch up on my blog reading and will be posting something really soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home